Opinio Student Installation License Agreement
This License Agreement ("Agreement") is a legal contract between the Educational Institution ("University") described in appendix A and ObjectPlanet AS, the Norwegian corporation and developer of Opinio ("Licensor").
A. DESCRIPTION OF LICENSE:
1) Licensor hereby grants to "University" a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to install the Opinio Enterprise software and related documentation ("Software") on one of the "University" servers to be used exclusively by students at the "University".
2) The licensed number of user accounts able to create and publish surveys is described in appendix A. Users can create and publish an unlimited number of surveys.
3) The "Software" licensed under this agreement can exclusively be used by students at the "University" as long as they are students there, and as long as it is used for surveys related to their activities at the "University". When the student relationship with the "University" ends, the account must be closed after the student has had the chance to export his or her survey data. The "Software" should under no circumstance be used for commercial purposes.
4) Installation support is included with this license, however technical and user support is not included after the installation is done. The available user documentation and online resources should be used.
5) ObjectPlanet reserves the right to have an administrative remote control session on the server for the purpose of ensuring license compliance with reasonable advance warning to the "University". The "University" IT staff will be able to observe and record all activities performed during all remote access sessions. ObjectPlanet agrees to protect the privacy of personal information it may come in contact with. ObjectPlanet will not use this access, or information acquired by this access, to send communications of any type or description to persons identified by use of this access. ObjectPlanet will not disclose information acquired by this access to any third party.
6) All surveys created in the "Software" includes the text "Powered by Opinio survey software" with a link back to Opinio's home page and shall not be removed.
B. LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY:
Licensor warrants that it has the right and authority to grant the rights described in this Agreement. Licensor further warrants that the Software, as provided, will substantially perform the functions described in the documentation when operated in the intended environment for a period of ninety (30) days from the date of delivery (the "Warranty Period").
NEITHER LICENSOR NOR ITS LICENSOR, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR DAMAGE TO SYSTEMS OR DATA, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. LICENSOR'S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES HEREUNDER SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF LICENSE FEES THAT YOU HAVE PAID.
The granted license can be revoked and this agreement terminated immediately if the terms of the agreement is breached in any way. In the case the license is revoked, all accounts must be closed, and the "Software" must be shut down and not to be used until a new license is granted. A new license is granted only if the "University" can prove all users now apply to the terms or a full license fee is paid for the installation.
This agreement will renew automatically for another 12 months each 12 months. The agreement can be terminated in writing by either party. There is a 30 day termination period before the application must be shut down.
Name of educational institution ("University"):
Number of survey accounts:
Name of University contact person:
Email of University contact person:
Name of ObjectPlanet contact person:
Email of ObjectPlanet contact person:
Last change: September 29th, 2009